Like father, like son! Tiger Woods’ mini-me Charlie is already taking after his dad, making an unimaginable shot whereas competing on the PNC Championship.
Viewers thought they have been seeing double on the PNC Championship Tour on December 19 when Tiger Woods stepped out together with his son, Charlie, 11. The pair took half within the father-son competitors in Florida for the primary time, and the world champ may simply be elevating a fellow golf professional! All eyes have been on Charlie — who twinned together with his dad in a shiny purple golf shirt — whereas he amazed viewers with an unimaginable shot. Here’s 5 issues to learn about him.
1. He hit the one ‘eagle shot’ of the day. Charlie and Tiger have been in fourth place on the time of the 11-year-old’s third gap shot, which a PGA Tour announcer declared the one “eagle shot” of the day. “Charlie steps up, and he days, ‘dad, I’ve got you on this.’ The only eagle of the day,” the announcer stated. “We believe this was a five wood which he ripped from 175 yards with dad watching close by…it was within about four feet for eagle.” His proud dad was virtually beaming with an ear-to-ear grin as he high-fived Charlie.
Father and son teaming up.
Tiger and Charlie Woods make eagle 🤝
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) December 19, 2020
2. Tiger stated he sees himself in Charlie. “I can’t tell you how excited I am to be playing with Charlie in our first official tournament together,” Tiger stated in November forward of the PNC Championship. “It’s been great watching him progress as a junior golfer, and it will be incredible playing as a team together in the PNC Championship.” He additionally defined that Charlie was “starting to understand how to play. He’s asking me the right questions. I’ve kept it competitive with his par, so it’s been just an absolute blast to go out there and just be with him. It reminds me so much of me and my dad [growing up].”
3. Charlie has additionally gained two PGA junior occasions. Charlie beforehand gained two occasions on the South Florida PGA Junior Tour. His dad acted as his caddie, and the golf professional stated he was re-living his glory days via his son. “I wish I had his move,” Tiger stated. “I analyze his swing all the time. I wish I could rotate like that and turn my head like that and do some of those positions. Those days are long gone. I have to re-live it through him.”
4. Charlie’s mother is Swedish mannequin Elin Nordegren. Elin and Tiger met in 2001 and have been married in October 2004. They had a lavish ceremony at a resort in Barbados, which value virtually $2 million. Nevertheless, the pair divorced in 2010 after Tiger admitted to dishonest. She has since moved on with NFL participant Jordan Cameron, and the pair welcomed a child boy in October 2019.
5. Charlie additionally has an older sister. Along together with his child half-brother, Charlie has a 13-year-old sister named Sam Woods.