Many of you already know, the board game of Game of Thrones, canon to the novels of a Song of ice and fire and edits Fantasy Flight Games. Well, thank you Elio and Linda of Westeros.org we have known that the company will launch a version for PC and Mac that also will go on sale next quarter. Let’s get to the details.
This version of the game has been made by Asmodee Digital and Dire Wolf Digital , and as we have stated, the French company has been cited as the release date of the third quarter of 2020. This has been their press release, thanks to Westeros.org
In A Game of Thrones: The Board Game – Digital Edition, players take on the role of the Great Houses of The Seven Kingdoms of Westeros as they fight for control of the Iron Throne. Winning requires more than military power: los players can take power through force, use words that are sweetened to the coercion and to win the support of ordinary people. Through planned strategy, diplomacy, masterful and intelligent decisions that players can extend their influence in the West.
Developed by Dire Wolf Digital, A Game of Thrones: The Board Game – Digital Edition allows up to six players can play online, or single player with up to 5 opponents controlled by the AI to play locally. It is the only game that captures the essence of the political tactics and military in the game in the West, offering complex strategies in which military power is only one of a few tools available, along with diplomacy and deception.
- Number of players: up to 6.
- Game modes: Solo, pass and play, online multiplayer with a rating and ELO rankings.
- Game duration: approximately one hour per game.
- Game mechanics major: management of resources, occupation of areas and movement, orders of action and hidden cards heroic.
- Strategy asymmetric based on the political tactics and military novels of fantasy.
- Game mechanics social: diplomacy, hide, treason, influence peddling, bluffing, cooperation.
- Graphic elements highlighted based on the physical game.
- Step by step Tutorial and access to exclusive challenges as digital based on the War of the Five Kings, in order to enter gently into a board game of deeply strategic (6-8 hours approximately).
Without further ado, I leave you with the trailer for the game.