The latest event mode for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds players is now live and the stakes are higher than ever. The Tequila Sunrise mode will be available for just 72 hours and will see battle royale lovers back in Miramar. The four-man squad event is limited to only shotguns and melee weapons, so it’s guaranteed to get dicey.
To know exactly when and where to tune in, check out the announcement from Bluehole below:
- STARTS: April 5th, 7pm PDT / April 6th, 4am CEST / April 6th, 11AM KST
- ENDS: April 8th, 7pm PDT / April 9th, 4am CEST / April 9th, 11AM KST
- Squads (All Regions)
- You can choose to turn Auto Matching either on or off in the main menu. The default state is “On”
- NA/EU/AS: TPP & FPP
- KR/JP/SA/SEA/OC : TPP only
LOOT SPAWN BEHAVIOR
- Shotguns (3x spawn rate)
- Melee Weapons (3x spawn rate)
- No other weapons
- Bag/Helmet/Armor Lv.3 (3x spawn rate)
- Bag/Helmet/Armor Lv.1 (0.5x spawn rate)
- Ammunition (3x spawn rate)
SAFE ZONE (WHITE CIRCLE) BEHAVIOR
- Immediately after the plane gets into the air, the first safe zone is visible on the map.
- The first safe zone will be smaller than its normal size.
OTHER EVENT RULES
- Time of day is locked at sunrise.
- Care packages are disabled.
The Flare Gun Mode that debuted last week was an instant hit, so it will be interesting to see what players have to say about Tequila Sunrise. To help with the Shotgun limitation, it is nice to know that the ammo spawn rates will be increased. It’s going to be brutal, which is a fun way to break up the monotany of the battle royale genre.
Much like Fortnite’s already previously established game modes, these will be high stakes for a limited time only. Earn gear, kick ass, and scribble initials because we don’t have time to take full names.
What are your thoughts on the inclusion of limited time only events making their way into PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds? Is it enough to keep you interested, or do you think it’s a bit too gimmicky? Sound off with all of your chicken dinner thoughts in the comment section below and tell us all about it!