Rachel Uchitel is thought for her 2009 scandal with Tiger Woods, which she’ll open up about within the golf legend’s upcoming documentary ‘Tiger.’ Learn extra about Rachel, who’s prepared to maneuver previous the affair.
Rachel Uchitel, 45, shall be speaking on to the digital camera about her affair scandal with Tiger Woods, 44, within the golf champion’s upcoming HBO Max documentary Tiger, premiering on Jan. 10, 2021. “Here he was, in my bed, and he was my Tiger,” the previous nightclub supervisor mentioned in a sneak peek of the documentary, as she appeared again on the scandal that rocked the sports activities world after the National Enquirer first reported their affair in 2009, whereas Tiger was nonetheless married to Elin Nordegren, 40.
The report of Rachel and Tiger’s affair — which Rachel denied at first — was only one of the various controversies that occurred amid Tiger’s 2009 downfall in golf, alongside together with his SUV crash and extra allegations from girls who claimed to have engaged in affairs with the world-famous athlete. Like Tiger, Rachel has labored on transferring previous the scandal that has haunted their names within the 11 years which have since handed. Learn extra about Rachel earlier than and after her notorious scandal with the world’s former No. 1-ranked golfer, who has received 82 PGA Tours in his lifetime:
1. Long earlier than Tiger got here into the image, Rachel was engaged — and misplaced her fiance to 9/11. Rachel had her first brush with the media when her fiancé, an funding banker named James Andrew O’Grady, died amid the 9/11 assaults on the World Trade Center’s Twin Towers in New York City in 2001. After the devastating assaults, a photograph of Rachel crying and clutching a photograph of her lacking fiancé was revealed on the entrance cowl of the New York Post.
View this put up on Instagram
2. Rachel labored in information, and later nightclubs. After graduating from the University of New Hampshire in 1996, she went on to work as a producer within the tv division at Bloomberg News. She did a profession change in 2005, and began working as a VIP hostess on the Tao nightclub in Las Vegas between 2005-2006. This led to a profitable profession in nightclub administration in NYC.
3. Rachel claimed that she first met Tiger via a well-known ex who performed baseball. “I first met Tiger Woods – I was dating Derek Jeter – and Tiger was sleeping over at Derek’s house,” Rachel revealed on an episode of the Juicy Scoop podcast in Sept. 2020. “He was just a buddy… and we just became friendly. So that’s how I originally met him in Manhattan. I met him a couple of times in the nightclubs through other people and he would come in or whatever.”
4. Rachel joined Tiger’s documentary as a result of it had been “a really hard 10 years” amid all of the backlash she has confronted from their affair. “I felt like people have gone so low on me sort of about me over the last 10 years after all this stuff that had come out about the scandal that I felt at some point I needed to you know like remove the shackles of what that is like to not have a voice,” Rachel additionally mentioned on the Juicy Scoop podcast in Sept. 2020.
Rachel then remarked how Tiger has managed to rebrand himself (he even received the 2019 Masters event). “Tiger gets to win awards or win his different tournaments. He gets to come out of things and have mishaps, and get up again, and people want to cheer for him. But the women don’t get that so much, not just with him but with any scandal, and that’s not really fair. And I just felt like I needed to be able to have a voice finally,” Rachel defined on the podcast.
“Because it’s been a really hard 10 years of having to just sit there and let people, in the absence of truth, let people say things about me and also just let people talk about me like they know me because they don’t,” she added. “And that’s a really hurtful way to live. It hasn’t been easy, ya know. So I decided to speak.”
View this put up on Instagram
5. Rachel now owns a youngsters’s boutique, and is the mother of a seven-year-old daughter. She left behind the nightclub world to open a youngsters’s boutique named after her daughter, Wyatt Lily, on the Upper West Side of Manhattan in 2013. Rachel shares her daughter together with her ex-husband, Matt Hahn, whom she break up from in 2013 as properly.